Marketing Co-op for Businesses
Marketing Co-op for Businesses
Gilbert, We’re In This Together
Join our marketing efforts to showcase the amazing businesses in Gilbert. We are offering free and reduced marketing opportunities for Gilbert-based businesses, and promoting shopping, dining, family fun, and local accommodations all while staying safe.
Here is how to get started:
- Businesses – view the opportunities below. They include support on the Hownd platform, free options through our social media channels, and reduced paid options that allow you to market your business through search and social media at a fraction of the cost.
- Fans of Gilbert – show your support by sharing an experience at your favorite restaurant, shop, or attraction around town using #GilbertTogether. Tag the business and @discovergilbert to help spread the word about Gilbert’s amazing local businesses.
- Open to Gilbert-based businesses (licensed)
- Participation is limited and available on a first-come-first-serve basis
- An application form must be submitted to Discover Gilbert – email applications to email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed and approved by a co-op committee
- Ads must be approved by Discover Gilbert prior to release
- No alcohol, drugs, or any illegal activity will be promoted
- Ads promoting crowds or an unsafe environment will not be approved
- Participants found to be operating in an unsafe manner or issuing misleading information will be removed from the program
#GilbertTogether No Cost Promotions
To support our business community, we will be focusing on collaboration efforts to provide free promotion through our social platforms for Discover Gilbert. Content for these platforms usually is centered around restaurants, retail, entertainment, and hospitality, but by opening it up to other local Gilbert businesses, this is an opportunity to showcase #GilbertTogether and our amazing community.
If you would like to collaborate, submit, and share content for Discover Gilbert to showcase on your behalf, we’ve provided a few recommendations, (but we’re open to your thoughts!), for local businesses to send to us. When shared with us, we will promote through our channels and tag the appropriate business to encourage engagement.
Hownd Marketing Platform
Hownd, a customer foot traffic and revenue-generation platform for local brick and mortar businesses, will promote gift cards and promotional offers though an online marketing program.
The platform is designed to generate immediate cash sales and customer traffic as businesses work to recover from the impacts of the pandemic.
Through the scope of the partnership, Gilbert will cover Hownd administrative fees that otherwise would the responsibility of the participating merchant. Businesses can generate revenue through the sale of gift cards and coupons purchased through the MyHownd mobile app, email, social media, or the business’s website.
The roll-out of this co-operative marketing tool, known as Hownd, will be to assist businesses with customer acquisition. When surveying local businesses on the tools and resources they needed to find relief, recovery, and resiliency, attracting customers was a top priority. Local businesses interested in increasing both foot traffic to their store and gift card purchases will be able to do so through Hownd.
Interested businesses can begin setting up their Hownd account today.
Promote your business through online experiences. Create videos that demonstrate projects and recipes patrons can tackle while home.
- How to create one of your famous pizzas
- Craft the perfect summer cocktails
- Teach an online class on how to draw and paint a kid-friendly art project
- Show potential customers how to do routine vehicle maintenance, such as an oil change, through a video
- Demonstrate how future customers can trim their beards or bangs (without turning into a meme!)
- Create a charcuterie board for a family night in
Let’s chat with your chefs, owners, brewers, hairstylists, artists, trainers, and more
- Share with our community how to pick the perfect red blend for their meal
- Demonstrate a kid-friendly craft and walk parents through it
- Let’s throw on a quick yoga session to help with community members who are working in new desk stations
You Tell Us!
Have an idea to help showcase your business or want to brainstorm about it? Send us an email and we’ll be in touch!
Submit Your Content
As mentioned, we’re all in this together. Discover Gilbert’s goal is to help our businesses get their message out through our social media channels organically. If you have content to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation of the video and/or content, you’d like to include. We’ll be in touch with further instructions via email.
#GilbertTogether Paid Marketing Co-op Options
Sometimes investing a little in marketing will help grow your consumer base. We feel these are great options to help get the word out and direct interest to your business. Both opportunities below are supported by the Town of Gilbert with 75 percent of the cost covered.
Option 1: Search Retargeting, Social Media Ads, and Local Radio Station Digital Ads
- Google banner ads – retargeting searches based on chosen keywords (50,000 impressions)
- Facebook and Instagram ads (from your business account)
- Digital ads on KSLX / KAZG (100.7 / 92.7) rotating between both stations – ads link to your website
Cost for Search, Social, and Digital Ads
$300 per business
Media Contact Info
Danielle Wilson at email@example.com or 602-509-7742
Option 2: ABC15 Facebook Sponsored Posts, E-Blasts, or Facebook Ads
Participation includes 1x per month ABC Eblast and reblast in partner email with Discover Gilbert. Also, choose from the following:
- 1x boosted Facebook post to ABC 15 East Valley following
- 1x E-blast to ABC 15 subscribers (127,000+) plus 1x re-blast to those that open the initial email (12% open rate)
- 30 day Facebook Ads campaign from your business account
- Work with ABC15 to create your ad and ad copy free of charge
- ABC15 will recommend ad types and targeting based on your goals and target demographic
Cost for ABC15 Promotion
$250 per business
Media Contact Info
Brittany Schmidt at Brittany.Schmidt@abc15.com or 602-509-9473
Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, suggestions, and more! Please give us 24 – 48 hours to respond, and note that our office hours are Monday – Thursday 7 AM – 6 PM.
For the safety of the community and visitors, many events have been modified, postponed, or canceled. Please go to gilbertaz.gov/events for updated information on events in Gilbert.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE UPDATES
It’s easy! Just provide us with your name and email and soon you will be receiving current deals, travel tips, and upcoming events for your Gilbert Visit!